Fall is just around the corner and there are so many fun things to do with the family this time of year in Atlanta! We have compiled a list of activities by county from visiting the pumpkin patch, hay rides, halloween festivals and Georgia's apple festival for a fun quick day trip out of the city!
• Berry Patch Farms: Open October 14-30. Weekend hours are 10am-7pm. Weekday hours are 3:30pm-7pm. Parking on the weekends is $2.00. Take a hayride out to the pumpkin patch, pick your pumpkins and take the hayride back to the farm. The kids can enjoy the playground and baby farm animals. Snacks and treats are provided for an additional charge.
• Big Springs Farms: Open October weekends (Friday-Sunday). 10am-6pm. Free parking. Check out Big Springs Farms new Corn Maze! Enjoy 15-20 minute hayrides ($4.00 per person), Bounce House ($3.00 per child). A variety of pumpkins will be available. The Snack Shack sells treats for an additional charge.
• Cagle’s Family Farm: Fall season is August 29-November 14 (Friday-Sunday). Hours vary depending on the activity. Open Fridays 5pm-11pm, Saturdays and Sundays 10am-11pm. Enjoy their amazing Corn Maze with 3 miles of paths ($10+tax), Bonfire Hayride ($7+tax), Haunted Barn ($12+tax), Farm Tour ($7+tax). A concession stand will be open.
• Kennesaw State University Sport & Rec Park: Owl-O-Ween Hot Air Balloon Festival. October 25 (4pm-10pm) October 26 (3pm-9pm). The festival features amazing balloon glows, trick-or-treating, tethered balloon rides, interactive kids area, food trucks, etc.
• Town Center at Cobb: Kidgits Boo Bash & Mall-Wide Trick-or-Treating. October 25. 6pm-8pm. Trick-or-treating is a free event. Look for signs in participating store windows. The Center Court is hosting a Boo Bash from 6pm-8pm. Free for Kidgits members. Nonmembers can join for $5.00. Boo Bash activities include: giveaways, a bounce house, crafts, games and more. Halloween photos will also be available for purchase.
• Chamblee Halloween Spooktacular: Keswick Park. October 25. 11am-3pm. Activities include: 5K costume race and fun run, pumpkin painting, spooky fun house, corn hole game, concessions, costume contest, pony rides, hay ride, face painting, cupcake walk, moonwalks.
• Stone Mountain Park: Pumpkin Festival. September 26- October 26 (Friday-Sunday). Open Saturdays 10:30am-7pm, Sundays 10:30am-5pm. The Pumpkin Festival features a costume dance party, family shows, adventure maze, trick or treat scavenger hunt, storytelling, kids crafts, and a pie eating contest! Purchase tickets online to save $5.00!
• Fernbank Museum: BOO-seum Trick-or-Treat. October 25. 10am-2pm. Free for members or included with museum admission. Boo-seum features Halloween themed games, music, and treats for children in costume.
• Atlanta Zoo: Boo at the Zoo. October 18-19 & 25-26. 9:30am-3pm. Free for members or included with zoo admission. Children under 3 are free! Live DJ, Halloween themed crafts and games, costume contest, and trick-or-treating.
• Archibald Smith Plantation Home: Fall Farm Day. October 11. 11am-3pm. Free. Fall Farm Day features a petting zoo, wagon rides, 19 century inspired children’s activities and crafts, farm chores, gold and gem panning ($5.00).
• Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Halloween Spooktacular. October 25. 11am. $20.00-$40.00. A performance by the Atlanta Symphany will feature music for all ages! Be sure to wear your Halloween costume! There will be a costume contest located in the lobby prior to the show.
• Chattahoochee Nature Center: Halloween Hikes. October 17-18 ($8.00 per person. 2 and under are free) and October 24-25 ($9.00 per person. 2 and under are free). 6:30pm-8:30pm. Halloween Hikes features a guided hike through lighted trails. Meet nature-costumed characters during your 45 minute hike. Face painting and creepy crafts will be available after your hike. Be sure to bring cash as there is no ATM on site.
• Legoland Discovery Center in Atlanta: Brick-or-Treat. October 1-31st (weekends only). Open Saturdays 10am-9pm and Sundays 10am-7pm. Legoland is getting spooky for Halloween! Throughout the month of October Legoland will have pumpkin building, scavenger hunts and more fun activities!
• Georgia Apple Festival: October 11-12 and 18-19. Saturdays 9am-6pm. Sundays 9am-5pm. $5.00 per adult. Children 10 and under are free. Check out Georgia’s Apple Capital! Enjoy the wide variety of apples that grow in North Georgia, and the apple orchards and apple houses throughout the property. Hundreds of vendors will be selling food, art, crafts, and more.