A Smyrna family is in need of an energetic short-term nanny to begin as soon as the right person is found to stay with them through August. They have an independent and fun-loving 2-year-old girl and a laid-back 8-month-old boy. Hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM, with some days having an earlier leave time. Mom is due with a baby girl in late May, so interested nannies should be comfortable with her present and on maternity leave from late-May through the end of the position. The children are currently cared for by their grandmother, and she may also work alongside the nanny at times. The ideal nanny for this position is nurturing, patient, and excited to plan fun and educational days for the children. The family is guaranteeing 45 hours per week, offering 8 days paid vacation, 5 paid sick days, and paid holidays. If you are interested in this position please reference the Smyrna Short-term Position when applying.
- Willing to assist with household tasks including washing bottles, meal prep for the kids, doing dishes, emptying diaper genies, and taking out the trash as needed
- Comfortable working in a home with other adults present. The children's grandmother may be there much of the time, and mom works from home on Thursdays and Fridays. Mom will also be on maternity leave from late May - August.
- Up to date on vaccinations, including TDAP and Flu (or willing to get vaccinations)
- Comfortable working in a home with pets. The family has a dog that will be kept downstairs (no interaction with nanny) and two cats that will be re-homed in February.
- Excited to plan fun and interactive days with the children that are free of screen-time, work on preschool readiness with the 2-year-old (alphabet, counting, colors, etc.) and provide a happy atmosphere
If interested in this position and you have never applied to our agency PLEASE CLICK HERE and reference the Virginia Highlands Full-time Position when applying.
If you have previously submitted an application, please email Lauren@yourhappynest.com and reference the Virginia Highlands Full-time Position.