A Decatur family is in need of a full-time nanny to begin on February 18. They have two lovely children -- a 5-year-old boy and 3-month-old baby girl. The little boy attends school five days per week from 8AM - 4PM, so much of the day will be spent caring only for the baby. A typical work week will take place over four days, though the days will shift from week to week. The nanny will be needed every Friday from 10AM - 4PM and will be needed three other days (taking place Monday - Thursday) from 6AM - 7PM. The schedule will be available 2 weeks in advance, and occasionally the nanny may be needed for all five weekdays, though the hours will be shorter each day when that occurs. The ideal nanny for this position is collaborative, calm, patient, and does not require micromanagement. The family is hoping to find a nanny who will keep the children engaged with stimulating activities throughout the day and follow their peaceful parenting style. The family is guaranteeing 40 hours per week, offering 2 weeks paid vacation, 3 paid sick days, a mileage reimbursement, and a paid holidays. No pets. If you are interested in this position please reference the South Decatur Position when applying.
- Must have professional experience caring for young infants
- Willing to assist with household tasks including the children's laundry, meal prep for the children, washing bottles/dishes, and general tidiness in the children's rooms and common areas
- Excited to plan fun, interactive, and educational days without the use of screen time
- Must have a safe driving history and a reliable car for drop-offs, pick-ups, and outings with the children
- Comfortable with a parent who works from home 1-2 days per week
- Looking for a "part of the family" relationship and a true partnership with the parents
- Available for overnights 2-3 times per year, with notice
- The family has a strong preference for a nanny who is bilingual, but this is not a requirement for the position
- Preference for a nanny who is available to work some weekends (with ample notice) 2 - 3 times per year; this is not a requirement for the position
If interested in this position and you have never applied to our agency PLEASE CLICK HERE and reference the South Decatur Position when applying.
If you have previously submitted an application, please email Lauren@yourhappynest.com and reference the South Decatur Position.