A Decatur family is in need of an active, responsible professional nanny to care for their adorable 5-month-old baby boy and lively 2 1/2-year-old girl. This position is open to both full-time and part-time nannies, as the parents are primarily concerned with finding a great match, and start date is flexible. The little girl attends preschool 4 mornings per week, so there will be some time spent with just the infant. The ideal nanny for this position is extremely reliable, safety-conscious, energetic, organized, proactive, and highly engaged with the children in her care. The family will guarantee hours and provide appropriate paid vacation, sick days, and paid holidays to align with the number of hours the nanny is available. No pets. If you are interested in this position please reference the Decatur Flexible Position when applying.
- Must have professional experience caring for infants
- Must be able to swim and be comfortable with children in the water; the family has a pool
- Must be up to date on vaccinations, including TDAP and Flu
- Willing to keep the children on a consistent schedule; the family prioritizes healthy sleep habits
- Willing to assist with household tasks including the kids' laundry, meal prep and cooking for the children, dishes, packing school lunches for the 2-year-old, running errands as needed (grocery store, Target, etc.) and general tidiness throughout the home
- Must be a competent cook and willing to plan simple, healthy meals for the children
- Excited to plan arts and crafts projects, take the children on outings, and encourage outdoor play. Playdates and time at the park are encouraged, and screen time should be minimal. This is a wonderful position for a nanny who enjoys being active with young children and is excited to create a daily schedule with an educational focus.
- Looking for a longterm position; the family would love to find a nanny who will stay and grow with them for years to come!
- Must have a reliable car and a safe driving history
- Ideally, the nanny will have a flexible work schedule and be able to work with the family's changing needs. More information available upon request.
- Must have availability to work overnights as needed
- Comfortable with parents who occasionally work from home
If interested in this position and you have never applied to our agency PLEASE CLICK HERE and reference the Decatur Flexible Position when applying.
If you have previously submitted an application, please email Lauren@yourhappynest.com and reference the Decatur Flexible Position.